- Egypt has 2 seasons. The winter season lasts from November to April, while summer lasts from May to October.
- On average, only an inch of rain falls in Egypt per year.
- The 365-day calendar that is divided into 12 months was invented in Egypt.
- Social media accounts with more than 5,000 followers are subject to the country’s media laws and can be monitored by authorities and must be licensed by the government.
- 12% of the population of Egypt works in the tourism industry.
- Egypt is the 15th country with the highest population in the world, with 99% of the country’s people living on just 5.5% of the land.
A photographic travel blog by Sean Brown