- The archipelago is made up of 18,307 islands that span 1/8 the circumference of the planet Earth.
- Indonesia is home to the world’s largest lizard – the Komodo dragon. It inhabits on 5 Indonesian islands and isn’t found anywhere else in the world.
- Jakarta, Its capital is the most Instagrammed location in Asia.
- Indonesia has the third most volcanoes of any country in the world – 139 volcanoes to be exact.
- Indonesia’s flag is similar to Monaco and Poland – The Indonesian flag is just a little wider than Monaco’s.
- The Island of Java is the world’s most populous island with 139M+ people (as of 2014).
- Indonesia is the only place on earth to observe the Komodo dragon in the wild.
- Sumatra is one of just two places in the world to observe wild orangutans.
- Indonesia is a Guinness Book of World Records for making the largest packet of instant noodles, a whopping 665kg.
- Jakarta has the worst traffic in the world.
A photographic travel blog by Sean Brown