- Jordan is home to 100,000+ archaeological and tourist destinations, including 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Jordan is one of the best places to see early Islamic art.
- Unlike other middle eastern countries, Jordan does not have its own oil.
- It is considered rude and unclean to eat or drive with your left hand.
- Jordan is known as an extremely friendly country, where you’ll hear Ahlan wa sahlan! or “Welcome!” quite often.
- Jordan’s most famous national park is the Wadi Rum where you can spend the night under the stars.
- Jordan’s National Dish is Mansaf, a tasty lamb dish cooked with fermented, dried yogurt, served with bulgur wheat or rice, and topped with pine nuts.
A photographic travel blog by Sean Brown