- Kenya’s wildlife is unrivaled by any other in the world, both in terms of numbers and variety of species
- Hunting any protected animal in Kenya is illegal.
- Kenya used to be a British colony until December 12, 1963 when it gained its own independence.
- Kenyan men can have more than one wife, if they want.
- Some of the oldest known paleontological records of man’s history have been found in Kenya.
- Kenya’s Great Rift Valley was formed 20+ million years ago, when the Earth’s crust split.
- In Kenya, most beverages are served hot or room temperature, never cold.
- Ugali is a Kenyan food staple. It is made with flour and is typically served with stew.
- Coffee and tourism are the biggest industries in Kenya.
- Most of Kenya’s electricity is hydroelectricity.
A photographic travel blog by Sean Brown