What is Air France Fare Class Z?
Air France Fare Class Z or more commonly known as Business Class (Z) is a revenue fare/booking class of service on Air France. The Z fare class is one the lowest (least expensive) fare classes in the Business Class Cabin and tickets are considered a good value for the benefits, especially SkyMiles medallion earnings on long-haul flights. This fare class is not eligible for complimentary upgrades for SkyMiles members who hold Medallion status.
Below is a human-readable explanation of this fare class and the expectations passengers should have when flying with a Z fare class.
Fare Class Z booking information
Important information about Fare Class Z on Air France.
Fare Class Z is marketed as business class, and is considered an low-tier fare class with 4 higher fare classes available for purchase. If you’re looking for flights and see Fare Class Z showing as the lowest fare class available, it means the flight/route you are booking is fairly empty in the business class cabin.
Tickets purchased in Fare Class Z will be the cheapest. To book a cheaper fare class, you’ll need to book a lower cabin of service.
SkyMiles frequent flyer earnings
Explore what you'll earn as a SkyMiles member flying on Air France with a ticket in Fare Class Z.
1 Distance calculations are at the sole discretion of Air France; however, calculations generally follow the great circle distance between airports.
Additional SkyMiles earning information on Air France fare class Z
Long-haul international only
SkyMiles upgrades with Fare Class Z ticket
Important upgrade eligibility and upgrade order information with a Fare Class Z ticket on Air France.
COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADES ON AIR FRANCE
- Complimentary upgrades from Air France Business Class to La Premiere are not offered or available.
USING GUC FLYING ON AIR FRANCE
- SkyMiles GUC upgrade certificates are available for Diamond Medallion members; however, they cannot be used to upgrade from Air France Business Class to La Premiere.
BUY UP / MILEAGE UPGRADE AWARDS ON AIR FRANCE
- Look for emails from Air France with upgrade offers on flights with the La Premiere cabin, they usually arrive within a few days before departure and are typically priced around €1599'ish depending on inventory availability.
- Upon check-in (only on the airfrance.com), you may be able to upgrade from Business Class to La Premiere for around €1599'ish depending on inventory availibility.
- SkyMiles cannot be used as a payment method for buy ups.
- Flying Blue members should be able to use miles as a payment method for buy ups (Unconfirmed).