Complimentary upgrades on Delta Air Lines
Upgrading to Premium Cabins (Delta One)
Upgrades from Delta Premium Select to Delta One are not complimentary; however there are two ways to get upgraded to Delta One.
- If there is an oversold situation in lower cabin of service, Medallion members may receive a operational upgrade (OpUp) to Delta One to alleviate the oversold situation in cabin.
- Diamond Medallion members may apply a Global upgrade certificate anytime from booking and up to 3 hours before departure.
- From Delta Premium Select to Delta One, Fare Class OK must be available to immediately confirm.
- If the above fare class is not available, you can be placed on the waitlist. Waitlisted passengers can be cleared anytime up to flight departure.
- Waitlisting keeps your RUC/GUC open until the upgrade has cleared and your ticket is reissued.
Mileage Upgrade Awards (MUA) changes (as of 08/22/2023)
For Air France-operated flights, Mileage Upgrade Awards are available from Economy to Premium Economy to Business only on transatlantic Joint Venture flights between U.S. cities and Paris (CDG and ORY).
For Delta-marketed flights operated by Virgin Atlantic, Mileage Upgrade Awards are available from Economy to Premium Economy or Upper Class, as well as Premium Economy to Upper Class. Mileage Upgrade Awards are available from Y, B, M, H, Q and K paid fare classes from Economy Cabin and P, A and G paid fare classes from Premium Economy.
For Delta-marketed flights operated by Aeromexico, Mileage Upgrade Awards are available on Delta’s published fare classes in Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U or T for travel between the United States and Mexico.