Delta Fare class A is a revenue fare/booking class of service that is marketed as Delta Premium Select. This fare class is used exclusively with aircraft equipped with Delta Premium Select cabins on on long-haul international flights and select transcontinental flights.
Below is a human-readable explanation of this fare class and the expectations passengers should have when flying with a A fare class.
Fare Class A Information
Important information about Fare Class A on Delta Air Lines.
Delta Air Lines (Mainline or codeshare flight)
FLIGHT NUMBER BEGINS WITH
TICKET NUMBER BEGINS WITH
Delta Premium Select
Delta Premium Select
How expensive is Fare Class F?
How to book Fare Class A
Information about booking Fare Class A on Delta Air Lines.
Fare Class F is marketed as a Discount Delta Premium Select ticket, and is the second lowest revenue fare class in the cabin. If you’re looking for flights and see Fare Class A showing as the lowest fare class available, it means the cabin for the flight/route you are booking is likely half full on one or more segments of the itinerary.
Tickets purchased in Fare Class A will be less expensive. To book a cheaper fare class, make the following changes (if you can):
- Adjust your departure/return dates
- Search for alternate airports or co-terminals
- Search for alternate routing
If you are a frequent flyer with additional insight or are with Delta seeking to clarify the information provided, please contact me.
SkyMiles earnings with Fare Class A
What you’ll earn in the SkyMiles program flying with Fare Class A
2024 is the start a whole new experience with the SkyMiles program. The core of how SkyMiles members earning status has drastically changed, so please bookmark this site and check back frequently.
How to get upgraded from Delta Premium Select
A comprehensive guide to upgrading with Fare Class A on Delta Air Lines.
Complimentary upgrades on Delta Air Lines
Upgrading to Premium Cabins (Delta One)
Upgrades from Delta Premium Select to Delta One are not complimentary; however there are two ways to get upgraded to Delta One.
- If there is an oversold situation in lower cabin of service, Medallion members may receive a operational upgrade (OpUp) to Delta One to alleviate the oversold situation in cabin.
- Diamond Medallion members may apply a Global upgrade certificate anytime from booking and up to 3 hours before departure.
- From Delta Premium Select to Delta One, Fare Class OK must be available to immediately confirm.
- If the above fare class is not available, you can be placed on the waitlist. Waitlisted passengers can be cleared anytime up to flight departure.
- Waitlisting keeps your RUC/GUC open until the upgrade has cleared and your ticket is reissued.
Mileage Upgrade Awards (MUA) changes (as of 08/22/2023)
For Air France-operated flights, Mileage Upgrade Awards are available from Economy to Premium Economy to Business only on transatlantic Joint Venture flights between U.S. cities and Paris (CDG and ORY).
For Delta-marketed flights operated by Virgin Atlantic, Mileage Upgrade Awards are available from Economy to Premium Economy or Upper Class, as well as Premium Economy to Upper Class. Mileage Upgrade Awards are available from Y, B, M, H, Q and K paid fare classes from Economy Cabin and P, A and G paid fare classes from Premium Economy.
For Delta-marketed flights operated by Aeromexico, Mileage Upgrade Awards are available on Delta’s published fare classes in Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U or T for travel between the United States and Mexico.